Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Survival Instincts

One of the interesting things about self publishing, or publishing in general, I would imagine, is that you don’t just publish your book and then sit back to wait for the royalties to roll in. It doesn’t work that way as much as we might wish it to. The first publish get’s your name out there, a bit. Get your promoting and marketing going strong and you might get your name in front of a lot of people. Some of those people might actually buy the book. 

Hey, you’re on your way!

You’re on the ladder climbing your way to the top!

Too bad you’re only on the second rung.

So what do you do once you’ve published the book and are staring at your computer or tablet again? Simple. Write another book and publish that one. Then, write another after that. And another. And another. 

It never stops, I’m afraid. 

If this idea is daunting then you’re in the wrong business my friend. 

Good thing I find it exciting and fun, instead of daunting. 

SO with IATA in edits, OR on the back burner for research purposes and AJ and I hammering out the details for that one I was looking around for other projects to work on. You know, stuff to keep me out of trouble and away from the liquor cabinet. 

OH! I know!

Let’s go where few have dared to tread, as far as I know. 

I started up a new project last night, one that I hope to get a good head of steam on, and I’m liking the outlines I've been doing so far. I’m not really sure what to call it though as far as Genre goes. For now I’ll just list it for what it IS and figure out how to label it later. 

Survival Instincts is going to be a Post Zombie Apocalypse Erotic Romance and Suspense. 

I see I lost a few of you there while others just got a new interest. Trust me, it hurts my head too, but bear with. It’s a simple enough concept. The world has gone to hell in a FedEx cart, so what is there left to do really?

Survive. 

And survival comes in many different forms. 

The bottom line though?

What would you do? What would you sacrifice in order to survive?

This is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment