Thursday, July 2, 2015

Destination Staycation at AFK E&E

Alright, so it's been a while. Apologies again, I'm really just bad at that but I'm working on it. In other news through a happy coincidence I happen to have arrived in Washington the day before the Destination Staycation author signing event at the AFK Elixirs & Eatery in Renton this past Saturday the 27th. Jeffrey Cook, Lee French, Sechin Tower, AJ Downey, and several other wonderful writers were in attendance.

At the last minute AJ was able to get several print copies of I Am The Alpha delivered to her house and we had them on hand at the first Author signing I have every attended as one of the authors. It was also a wonderful experience since, how often are AJ and I, who live two states away from each other, going to be in the same place at the same time to Autograph one of our books for a fan?

Not often I can tell you that much.

It's been a wild few days since then, hence my tardiness in putting this post together but I had to process (and read my way through Sechin Towers Mad Science Institute novel) It was also a pleasure to meet Jeffrey in person, finally, as we have been friends for about two years now through Facebook and author groups that we are both members of. I shall be posting a few photos here, though I regretfully didn't take any during the even itself. We were having too much fun and talking to some wonderful readers and fans throughout the evening as well as the stellar staff at the AFK.

AFK, if you couldn't guess by the name, is a gaming and fantasy/sci-fi themed bar and restaurant.

















I could go on about the location but this is a writing blog so I'll try to stick to that. It was a lot of fun getting to discuss writing and our stories with the other authors in attendance and my unplanned arrival was taken in stride and I was welcomed by everyone else. AJ and I had a blast explaining how our unusual partnership started to those patrons and fans that made their way over to speak to us and several of us went out of our way to try to get AJ completely plastered. She said she was but I don't know that I believe her, she was acting way too sober in my opinion.



The one shot I managed to remember to take of the table with AJ's Sacred Hearts series and I Am The Alpha on display. All in all it was an incredibly entertaining evening and an experience as an Author that I will never forget and I look forward to participating in many more signing events in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment